Rest, relax, and recover
We know you’re always striving to be at the top of your game. The only way to maintain that exceptional performance level is to occasionally take breaks from work and devote some time to fun, friends, and family. Our generous Time Off and Leave programs give you the chance to relax, rejuvenate, or tend to personal matters.
With nine standard holidays and four floating holidays, you get a total 13 paid holidays each year.
- Nine standard holidays—Check out the CY 2019 holiday schedule [PDF] for 2019 and the CY 2020 holiday schedule [PDF] for 2020.
- Four floating holidays—You have four extra holidays each fiscal year—and it’s your call when you use them. Depending on your hire date, your number of floating holidays changes. Find out more about US Floating Holidays [PDF].
Our generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Program helps you get refreshed and take time off when you need it. It includes vacation time or one-off sick days.
- Paid time off (PTO)—You begin accruing PTO on your hire date. The amount of time you can take off depends on how much time you have accrued. You’re allowed to go over your available PTO balance by up to 40 hours. For more information, see the accrual schedule. [PDF]
Flexible time off standard—If you're a US exempt people manager or individual contributor in a job grade 7 or higher (manager, senior manager, or director level), you do not accrue—or earn—paid time off. Instead, you have the flexibility to take time off when you need it, without worrying about how many hours you have available. For more information, review the updated Flexible Time Off Standard [PDF] and Flexible Time Off Employee FAQ [PDF].
Get some quick tips on scheduling your time off.
Salesforce understands that there are different circumstances in life that require you to take a leave of absence—we provide diverse leave programs to suit those needs. Learn more about the different kinds of leave that Salesforce offers, and how your pay, benefits, and employment might be affected.
- Family Medical (to care for your family member’s health condition)
- Jury Duty
- Medical Leave (to care for your own health condition): CA or Outside CA
- Caring for your Ohana including parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
- Notify your manager of your absence.
- For Bereavement and Jury Duty—enter your time off in Workday.
- Call Matrix Absence Management at 1-855-354-6937 to file all other leave claims.
- Make changes (if necessary) to your benefits.
- Log a case in Ask Astro for any questions regarding Incentive Compensation.
- Contact Matrix Absence Management when you are ready to return to work.
Salesforce employees are eligible to take up to 7 days (56 hours) of paid Volunteer Time Off per year supporting their communities! Since our inception in 1999, Salesforce employees have volunteered more than 1 Million volunteer hours. Ready to start volunteering? Sign up on Volunteerforce1 through Aloha. The top 100 eligible volunteers will be rewarded with a $10,000 grant to the nonprofit organization of their choice. In addition, employees who complete and log 7 days of VTO within a fiscal year are considered “Volunteer Rockstars” and are entered into a drawing to receive a $500 Volunteer Rockstar Grant!