Medical coverage is a must
You can get medical coverage through Salesforce, your spouse’s or domestic partner’s employer, or another source. But being covered is required under the healthcare reform law, so check out your options to find the best plan and price for you and your family.
Your choice will be with you for a full year, so it’s important to review all the information and choose carefully. Note: The benefits you select as a new hire or during Open Enrollment are effective through the end of the calendar year. Your only other opportunity to make changes to your benefits is when you have a qualifying life event.
Most Salesforce employees can choose from four medical plans—all provided through either Aetna or UnitedHealthcare (UHC). (If you live in California, Oregon, Washington or Georgia, you have a fifth option through Kaiser.) Aetna and UHC are among the nation’s largest health insurance companies, so you’ll likely find your providers in their networks. All plans also provide prescription drug coverage.
When you’d rather skip the doctor’s office, Aetna, Kaiser, and UHC also provide virtual visits. With this service, you can see a board-certified doctor anytime, anywhere—no wait, no appointment needed. Physicians are available 24/7 through your mobile device or computer to help you with minor health issues such as cold and flu, allergies, and common infections. Call your health plan or log on to your plan’s website to access virtual visits. (Registration is required before using the service.)
Finally, we can all use a personal assistant from time to time, especially as we’re trying to navigate the often-challenging world of healthcare. That’s where your Grand Rounds personal healthcare assistant comes in. Your personal healthcare assistant can help you resolve a wide range of healthcare and insurance-related issues, and even serve as an intermediary between you and your healthcare providers and insurance companies.
HDHP Premium plan
HDHP Standard plan
Finding a provider
Healthcare benefits for our transgender employees
Kaiser Permanente California, Northwest, Washington and Georgia
Compare plans and check costs
Travel medical coverage
Grand Rounds, your personal healthcare assistant
This plan restricts your choice of doctors and hospitals, but covers most services 100%.
With this plan, you choose any physician or hospital for care, but pay less when you receive care from an in-network provider. With the PPO, you pay more in paycheck contributions than the HDHP, and pay copays or coinsurance after meeting the deductible. In-network preventive care is covered 100%.
This is a traditional PPO plan with a high deductible and a Health Savings Account (HSA) that you can use to save and pay for qualified healthcare expenses now or in the future. When you enroll in this plan, Salesforce contributes to your HSA to jumpstart your savings. You pay the full cost of care until you reach the deductible, then coinsurance. In-network preventive care is covered 100%.
Find even more details—especially about the HSA and how it works to save you money—on the HDHP Premium and Standard Plans page.
This is a traditional PPO plan with a high deductible and a Health Savings Account (HSA) that you can use to save and pay for qualified healthcare expenses now or in the future. This is the only premium-free, employee-only medical plan, with a significantly lower premium for any dependent level coverage. You pay the full cost of care until you reach the deductible, then coinsurance. In-network preventive care is covered 100%.
- Go to Grand Rounds.
- Log in or create your account.
- Follow the instructions to find a top-ranked provider near you.
As part of our culture of Equality, we work to ensure our benefits are inclusive of our transgender employees. We offer medical plan coverage that includes benefits for:
- Prescription drugs and mental health services to prepare for gender reassignment surgery.
- Medically necessary surgical procedures, facility and anesthesia fees.
- Specialized surgical procedures and body masculinization/feminization surgical procedures recognized as medically necessary.
- Non-surgical treatment of transsexualism (e.g., hormones and psych therapy) for adolescents under age 18.
Visit Concierge for more information about transgender benefits.
These plans are available only to California, Oregon, Washington and Georgia residents. You must use Kaiser physicians and facilities if you choose one of these plans.
- Kaiser Permanente HMO (California) – 2021 [PDF]
- Kaiser Permanente HMO (Georgia) – 2021 [PDF]
- Kaiser Permanente HMO (Northwest) – 2021 [PDF]
- Kaiser Permanente HMO (Washington) – 2021 [PDF]
- Kaiser Permanente Northwest Acupuncture and Chiropractic – 2021 summary [PDF]
Kaiser Permanente has a partnership with CVS MinuteClinic. If you or your dependents are traveling outside of your active region, just pay your standard copay at MinuteClinic locations inside of CVS and Target stores to receive non-urgent services for conditions such as: colds, ear infections, allergies, and more.
- See which plan is best for you and your family by reviewing the 2021 medical plan comparison chart [PDF]. The chart includes prescription drug information for each plan.
- Compare monthly costs for each plan.
- If you ever have questions about a medical bill that looks too high, Grand Rounds will look for errors and overcharges. They can also help you compare prices for medical services, help with treatment denials, negotiate with billing departments on your behalf, and organize paperwork and invoices.
Salesforce also provides travel medical coverage through Cigna Medical Benefits Abroad (MBA) and Chubb Business Travel Accident (BTA) plan to help you cover medical expenses for emergency and urgent care while you’re traveling anywhere in the world. Learn more about Travel Assistance.
Whether you or your extended family need information about a new diagnosis or treatment, advice on how to save money on medical care, a second opinion from a world-leading expert, clarity around your benefits, or support deciding if surgery is right for you, Grand Rounds can help.
Grand Rounds is with you when:
- You need an expert. They will get you a second opinion or personalized care plan from a world-leading expert.
- You need a hand. They will gather your medical records, and handle all the details.
- You need support. They will help you make tough decisions or help you decide if surgery is right for you.
- You need answers. They will provide expert advice about a new diagnosis or existing condition.
- You need guidance. They can advise you on how to pay the lowest price for high-quality care, make sense of your medical bills, get the most out of your employee benefits, and find the best primary care doctors, specialists, and pediatricians in your area.
We know that chronic pain can be a barrier to doing the things you love. That’s why we’ve partnered with Hinge Health to help you with back, knee, hip, shoulder, or neck pain. Once enrolled in the program, you’ll receive a kit including wearable sensors to guide you through exercise therapy, and unlimited access to a personal health coach. Plus it takes only 45 minutes per week, so it easily fits into your schedule.
Best of all, everything is provided at no cost to you, as an employee enrolled in an Aetna or UnitedHealthcare medical plan through Salesforce.
You can learn more and apply at hingehealth.com/salesforce.
*This benefit is available to employees enrolled in the Aetna and UnitedHealthcare (UHC) plans; as part of the enrollment process, you will take a brief questionnaire to see if you qualify for this
program.Back to top