Find your focus and reduce stress
Let’s face it: We all have a lot on our plates. Sometimes it can be hard to accomplish just the bare minimum to get through the day. But with these handy tips at the ready, you can learn to juggle all your duties while avoiding the occasional stress attack. Start by taking a big breath, and then…
- Focus on living with purpose. Instead of always setting your sights on future events—both good and bad—try to find contentment in the here and now. By changing your perspective, you can learn to take in stride all those little obstacles that you’re bound to encounter on a daily basis.
- Engage in some simple mood-lifting activities, like getting a little exercise, exposing yourself to more sunlight, or temporarily changing your surroundings. When stress starts weighing you down, sometimes a few minor adjustments can go a long way toward raising your spirits.
- Learn how to spot the warning signs of stress. You can probably tell when you’re especially stressed, but how do you know when the people around you are feeling overwhelmed—and how can you lend a helping hand? Find out how to support your friend, family member, or coworker through a rough patch, by watching the ICU Program video below and reviewing this Mental Health Support Guide [PDF].
- Check out the right-hand sidebar of the U.S. Wellbeing Chatter group to find other wellbeing resources that can help you manage your stress.
Find Resources for Just About Anything
You and your family have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) anytime you need it. This valuable service, administered by CONCERN:EAP, is free to you. How can the EAP help you?
- Eight free counseling sessions. Dealing with a stressful situation, challenging relationship, anxiety, or grief or loss? You can speak with a qualified EAP mental health professional around the clock. You can also request face-to-face counseling services. These services are 100% confidential.
- Legal services. Have legal questions? Call 1-800-344-4222 for a free 30-minute consultation and a 25% discount on fees. You can also get referrals to attorneys in your area.
- Parenting and Childcare Resources: Find out how to claim your complimentary new baby kit including a Salesforce “onesie”! Call CONCERN:EAP or visit the website to receive referrals to quality providers for a variety of family services, including:
- Infant centers and preschools
- In-home childcare
- Education programs
- Before/after school care
- Adoption assistance
- School age and college assistance Summer care/summer camps
- Children with special needs
- Eldercare Resources: Find out how to claim your complimentary Eldercare Resource kit! Call CONCERN:EAP or visit the website to receive referrals to quality providers for a variety of family services, including:
- Resources for working caregivers
- Advance directives and durable power of attorneys
- Caregiving services
- Support groups
- Retirement lifestyle planning
- Financial Services Looking to buy a home or maybe plan for retirement? Perhaps you need help with a recent identity theft issue? Contact CONCERN:EAP to receive two free 30-minute consultations
Visit CONCERN:EAP or call 1-800-344-4222 to get started.