At Salesforce we believe that taking care of yourself is key to your success—and our success as a company. That’s why we offer programs and resources to help you live well. Last year we introduced you to Camp Pono, our virtual wellbeing destination, to help you keep your health and happiness top of mind.
This year, think about how your Salesforce benefits can help you live pono in 2019. Explore all that Salesforce has to offer and take advantage of the plans and programs you may have been missing out on.
New schedule for Salesforce HSA contributions
Effective January 1, 2019, if you’re enrolled in the Premium HDHP, you’ll receive the full Salesforce contribution during the first pay period, in January, rather than receiving the contributions each pay period.
Why is this important? Salesforce contributes $750 for employee-only coverage or $1,500 for family coverage to your Health Savings Account (HSA). Which means that you can build your HSA nest egg faster and have money right away if you need medical care.
MetLife is our new Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability insurance provider
Our Basic Life, Supplemental Life, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provider is now MetLife.
Good news: Your AD&D coverage is now 2x your on-target earnings. You don’t need to take any action and your coverage isn’t changing.
Medical and vision plan enhancements
We’re making a few improvements to our medical and vision plans to give you and your family the coverage you need.
- Nutrition counseling is now covered without diagnosis restrictions, up to 20 visits per year. A copay applies under the EPO and PPO plans and coinsurance applies under the HDHP plans.
- Children will be covered for up to two vision exams per year. Children’s vision needs can change quickly. An additional exam every year could help catch small changes to their eyesight.
- Techshield Blue anti-relective coating to reduce blue-light exposure is now covered under the VSP Vision Premium plan.
- Noninvasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)—a blood test that screens for the most common fetal chromosome anomalies, such as trisomy 21 and Down syndrome, and also determines the gender of the baby—is now available to women under 35 enrolled in any of the Aetna and UHC medical plans.
All of Salesforce’s medical plans cover in-network preventive care—like routine physicals, immunizations, and exams, at 100%—so you pay nothing for these services. Preventive care can help you build healthy habits and catch problems early on. Here are some other tips to help you stay on track:
- Find a primary care physician (PCP) whom you trust and feel comfortable with to coordinate your care. Schedule a wellness visit with your PCP once a year.
- Your doctor can help create a personalized wellness plan for you that includes diet, exercise, and even weight loss. Salesforce offers plenty of wellness resources to help you along your journey.
- Plan ahead. Doctors spend an average of 10–20 minutes with patients, so come to the visit with a list of what you want to discuss.
- No time to visit the doctor? Aetna, Kaiser, and UHC members can see a board-certified doctor anytime, anywhere through a virtual visit—no wait, no appointment needed. Call your health plan or log on to your plan’s website to access virtual visits. (Registration is required before using the service.)
- Need some extra help? The Health Advocacy Program can help you resolve a wide range of health care and insurance-related issues. Available to benefits-eligible employees and their family members at no cost.
- Get your flu shot! There are two ways to get a free flu shot: Use your Salesforce medical or prescription coverage at an in-network provider, or use the CVS flu shot voucher.