Rest, relax, and recover
We know you’re always striving to be at the top of your game. The only way to maintain that exceptional performance level is to occasionally take breaks from work and devote some time to fun, friends, and family. Our generous Time Off and Leave policies give you the chance to relax, rejuvenate, or tend to personal matters.
With nine standard holidays and four floating holidays, you get a total 13 paid holidays each year.
- Nine standard holidays—Check out the CY 2017 holiday schedule [PDF] to see this year’s holidays.
- Four floating holidays—Four floating holidays—You have four extra holidays each fiscal year—and it’s your call when you use them. Depending on your hire date, your number of floating holidays changes. Check out the holidays for FY 2018 [PDF].
Our generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy helps you get refreshed and take time off when you need it. It includes vacation time or one-off sick days.
- Paid time off (PTO)—You begin accruing PTO on your hire date. The amount of time you can take off depends on how much time you have accrued. You’re allowed to go over your available PTO balance by up to 40 hours. For more information, see the accrual schedule. [PDF]
Flexible time off policy—Beginning March 1, 2017, US exempt people managers and individual contributors in job grades 7 and 8 (Manager and Senior Manager levels) will shift to the same un-accrued Flexible Time Off plan that director-level (job levels 9) and above employees have. This means that you will no longer accrue—or earn—paid time off, but will have the flexibility to take time off when you need it, without worrying about how many hours you have available.
On March 31, 2017, Managers and Senior Managers will be paid in full for your PTO balance as of February 28, 2017. For more information, review the updated Flexible Time Off Policy [PDF] and Flexible Time Off Employee FAQ [PDF].
Get some quick tips on scheduling your time off.
Salesforce understands that there are different circumstances in life that require you to take a leave of absence—we provide diverse leave programs to suit those needs. Learn more about the different kinds of leave that Salesforce offers, and how your pay, benefits, and employment might be affected.
- Family Medical Leave (to care for your family member’s health condition): CA or Outside CA
- Jury Duty
- Medical Leave (to care for your own health condition): CA or Outside CA
- Military Leave
- Personal Leave
- Parent Programs including parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
- Notify your manager of your absence.
- For Bereavement and Jury Duty—enter your time off in Workday.
- Call Matrix Absence Management at 1-855-354-6937 to file all other leave claims.
- Make changes (if necessary) to your benefits.
- Log a case in Ask Sales Support for any questions regarding Incentive Compensation.
- Contact Matrix Absence Management when you are ready to return to work.
The Sabbatical Program provides U.S. employees with an opportunity to take unpaid time away from work to rejuvenate and engage in personal pursuits. You get one week of unpaid sabbatical for each full year of employment. You can take it as a week per year or bank it and take it in larger amounts at a later date.
Post to Concierge for help with sabbatical questions.
Salesforce employees are eligible to take up to 7 days (56 hours) of paid Volunteer Time Off per year supporting their communities! Since our inception in 1999, Salesforce employees have volunteered more than 1 Million volunteer hours. Ready to start volunteering? Sign up on Volunteerforce1 through Aloha. The top 100 eligible volunteers will be rewarded with a $10,000 grant to the nonprofit organization of their choice. In addition, employees who complete and log 7 days of VTO within a fiscal year are considered “Volunteer Rockstars” and are entered into a drawing to receive a $500 Volunteer Rockstar Grant!