Protect the people who matter
It’s not easy thinking about death and accidents, but if they happen, Salesforce provides benefits to protect your financial resources.
Matrix Absence Management replaced Larkin Company as Salesforce’s leave management administrator effective January 1, 2017.
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Income Protection pays a percentage of your weekly earnings for a period of time if you are ill/injured and can’t work.
- Employees Outside of California: Short-Term Disability [PDF] will cover 80% of your on-target earnings (OTE), up to a maximum of $5,000 per week for up to six months. You can receive this benefit at no cost to you. You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive this benefit.
- Employees in California: Voluntary Disability Insurance [PDF] will cover 70% of your OTE, up to a maximum of $4,375 per week for up to six months. The benefit amount will drop to the California State Award Rate (annual amount subject to change) for up to an additional six months. You make contributions into this plan through after-tax payroll deductions. You must meet the eligibility requirements to receive this benefit. The company pays for this through California Voluntary Disability Insurance (CA VDI). To opt out of the program, complete this form [PDF].
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Income Protection starts when your STD benefits stop. This pays a percentage of your monthly earnings until you come back to work or reach age 65. For more detailed information, please review the Long-term Disability Standard summary [PDF] and Long-term Disability Standard booklet [PDF].
- Executives Grade 11+: Information on your LTD benefits is listed under Class 2 or Class 3 in the Long-term Disability Standard booklet [PDF]. Class 2 is for individuals who elected coverage under the Individual Disability Insurance Plan [PDF]. Both classes provide you with the same maximum benefit coverage.
- Basic Life insurance coverage provides two times your on target earnings, up to $1.5 million. For more detailed information, please review the Life and AD&D Prudential booklet [PDF].
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance provides accidental death coverage equal to two times your annual base salary (up to $1 million). If you lose a hand, foot, or sight in one eye, you receive 50% of the insurance amount. If you experience two losses, you would receive 100% of the insurance amount. For more detailed information, please review the Life and AD&D Prudential booklet [PDF].
- Business Travel Accident insurance provides coverage equal to two times your base salary (up to $1,000,000) if you die while traveling on business. The Business Travel Accident Chubb – 2015–2018 summary [PDF] provides all the details you'll need.
You can choose to purchase additional insurance for yourself, your spouse, and/or your children. If your family is dependent on your income, it’s important to have this coverage to pay off debt or to cover future expenses, such as a child’s education.
The cost depends on your age and what type of coverage you choose.
- Prudential Basic Life and AD&D insurance [PDF] is 100% employer paid.
- Supplemental Life insurance for you. Purchase this coverage in increments of $10,000, up to $1,500,000 (or 5x your base salary - whichever is less) for life insurance. For more detailed information, please review the Life and AD&D Prudential booklet [PDF].
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for you. Purchase this coverage in increments of $10,000, up to $1,500,000 (or 10x your base salary - whichever is less) for AD&D. For more detailed information, please review the Life and AD&D Prudential booklet [PDF].
- Life insurance for your spouse. Purchase this coverage in increments of $5,000, up to $250,000 (total can’t be more than 50% of your Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance coverage).
- Life insurance for your children in the amount of $10,000.
If you enroll in this coverage during Open Enrollment, you will be required to submit Evidence of Insurability (EOI). If you enroll as a new hire, this requirement may be waived.
Follow these instructions [PDF] to add your beneficiaries in Workday. You must complete these actions in order for your beneficiaries to receive Life Insurance, AD&D, and/or Income Protection benefits.
>> Check costs.
To help give you peace of mind, Salesforce offers survivor support to your covered dependents, including:
- One year of medical coverage
- One year of access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- One year of bereavement and beneficiary financial counseling