|Note: The benefits shown below are for the 2017 plan year. For information about your 2018 benefits, see the Open Enrollment page.|
Make your health care dollars go further
The Aetna High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) Premium and Standard plans are both made up of two parts that work together to give you more control over how you spend your health care dollars and save for health care in the future because:
- It is a traditional PPO plan with a higher deductible.
- It comes with a health savings account (HSA) that you can use to save and pay for qualified health care expenses—now or in the future.
- Get preventive care at no cost to you and your covered dependents. Preventive care includes annual checkups, immunizations, and age-appropriate screenings. It’s covered 100% when you see in-network providers. You pay copays for preventive prescription drugs; however those, costs don’t count toward your deductible.
- Pay for non-preventive medical care and prescription drugs until you meet your deductible. If you cover more than one person, you need to meet the family deductible before the plan starts helping pay for your medical and prescription drug costs.
- After you meet your deductible, share medical costs with the plan through coinsurance, and share in prescription drug expenses through copays. You’ll pay less for care when it’s received from in-network providers. If you cover more than one person, you need to meet the family deductible before coinsurance applies.
- You’re protected against really large bills. Once your allowed medical and pharmacy expenses hit the out-of-pocket maximum, the plan pays 100% of the costs until the end of the plan year.
- Use your HSA, a tax-advantaged savings account, to pay for medical expenses now or save for expenses in the future. For more information about the HSA, review the Health Savings Account page.
The main differences in the two Aetna plans are the monthly costs, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, and HSA employer contribution. While the HDHP Standard plan offers a free employee-only plan option, with significantly lower premiums for dependent level coverage, the HDHP Premium plan features an employer contribution to your HSA.
Here’s how the two plans compare:
|Aetna HDHP Standard Plan||Aetna HDHP Premium Plan|
|Monthly Cost||EE Only: $0
EE + Spouse/Domestic Partner: $65
EE + Children: $57.50
EE + Family: $112.50
|EE Only: $45
EE + Spouse/Domestic Partner: $130
EE + Children: $115
EE + Family: $225
|Deductible||Individual: $1,750 in-network/$3,500 out-of-network
Family: $3,500 in-network/$7,000 out-of-network
|Individual: $1,500 in- or out-of-network
Family: $3,000 in- or out-of-network
|Maximum out-of-pocket||Individual: $3,000 in-network/$6,000 out-of-network
Family: $6,000 in-network/$12,000 out-of-network
|Individual: $3,000 in- or out-of-network
Family: $6,000 in- or out-of-network
|Annual HSA contribution from Salesforce||$0||Individual: $750
Meeting the plan deductible might be easier than you think. You have two ways to help you cover the deductible:
With money you save when you choose the Aetna HDHP Premium or Standard plan. You can take the money you would have paid for a more expensive plan and contribute it to your HSA instead. For example, choosing the Aetna HDHP Premium plan instead of the Aetna PPO plan for 2017 would save you $444 for single coverage or $2,220 for family coverage. Choosing the Aetna HDHP Standard plan instead of the Aetna PPO plan would save you $984 for single coverage or $3,570 for family coverage. Saving that money in your HSA covers a big chunk of your deductible, plus you get triple tax advantages on that money.
With money from your HSA. You can pay your deductible out of your pocket and save your HSA money for the future. And remember that if you enroll in the Aetna HDHP Premium plan, Salesforce contributes to your HSA when you open the account.
Here’s an example of how our contribution to the Aetna HDHP Premium plan makes it easier to pay the deductible by cutting your portion in half:
|Single Coverage||Family Coverage|
|Salesforce’s HSA contribution*
For those covered by the HDHP Premium plan for less than the full calendar year, Salesforce's contribution will be pro-rated.
|- $750||- $1,500|
|Your portion of the deductible before the plan starts paying 90% of costs||$750||$1,500|
Learn more about the HSA.
*Salesforce’s HSA contributions accumulate in your account with each per pay period contribution. If you have expenses that are more than your HSA balance, you need to pay those costs out of pocket, keep your receipts, then reimburse yourself after you have sufficient funds in your account.